Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

August Calendar Pages

Well, I did it. I manged not only to create, but to FILL an entire journal calendar. Granted some of the filling is just...well...fillers...but there is something in every square.


(click to biggify)

It even led to the creation of a travel sized journaling kit so that I could do stuff to it at work on my lunch break. Cause, lets face it, as a mom who works a full time job my lunch break at work is the only time I don't have someone tugging on my pant leg.

(There will be a future post on what a travel sized journaling kit consists of in my world)

Despite the pant leg tugging (and a begging cry of "Whee mommy! Whee mommy! Whee mommy!) I did manage to pull out one or two supplies and make a spread for August.


(click to biggify)

I scribbled yellow color pencil over the pages, but it didn't look good to me, so I went over that with yellow watercolor paint (the solid kind they sell for kids). Then I added a peaceful field of red and blue flower stamps, and matching floral letter stamps to spell out my month.

Yoga lady, and the quote under her ("She should've had a V8 instead) and the quote at the top o the page ("I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.") were cut out of a SKIRT magazine.

My theme for August is supposed to be self love/inner peace, with a heavy dose of wishing I was in good enough shape to contort my body into such positions.

And so I leave this new calendar in the hands of all the lovely creative people at The Kathryn Wheel.

14 comments:

  1. I felt slightly envious of the contortionist on your August pages - wish I could make that position! Lovely background colour. I like how you use tickets and other bits on your July spread too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW looks like you had a fun July. Can't wait to see what August brings. Love the "V*"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright yellow pages, very happy colour. Lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your July page with all the little pictures. For August love your use of yellow for peace. Those were the days when I used to be able to hold that yoga position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun pages, just love what you did with them, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab pages i love your bright yellow page and the quotes are lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I've never been able to hold that yoga position but I do remember the pant holding days. Your post cracked me up, wonderful. Love your journal pages

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pages, love the use of stickers and tickets on your July page. August is looking sunny and bright and the yoga women is fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your calendar pages look great. I love that yoga pose - sure wish I could do that haha!And the yellow colour rocks. I'm amazed that you manage to get any art journaling done with working and being a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pages lovely vibrant colours x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy month July was. Love the yellow reminds me of what is missing at the moment-Sun!!

    ReplyDelete